Last updated: October 30, 2022
Contact details of the data controller:
• Lexify.me LLC
• Unified Identification Number (UIC): 202842458
• VAT # BG202842458
• Address: with seat and address of management in Bulgaria, Sofia 1421, Lozenska planina Str. 14, vh. A, suite 7
• Internet: www.lexify.me
Contact person in privacy matters:
• Mr. Jivko Radev
• Address: Bulgaria, Sofia 1421, Lozenska planina Str. 14, vh. A, suite 7
• Phone: +359 876 416 911.
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection of Personal Data
We collect Users’ personal data through different means, which are explained below: Most of the personal data we process is collected directly from the Users. Lexify.me may collect the following personal data in the process of providing access to the marketplace:
• Basic information such as first and last name, postal address, VAT number, company (legal entity) name and number, email address and phone number;
• Other details such as education, language proficiency, jurisdiction(s) where the user (lawyer) is certified to practise;
• Authentication information such as Lexify.me username and password;
• Information relating to the user relationship such as booked and bought/sold services, their start and end times and information on their use.
• The following data is processed by Lexify.me’s payments processor (currently Stripe, for more information you may visit Stripe.com);
• Payment data, such as credit or debit card number and expiration date.
Lexify.me automatically collects and processes the following technical data about the User:
• IP address;
• Geographical location data based on the IP address;
• Service access times;
• Statistics on page views;
• Any other automatically collected technical data. Furthermore,
Lexify.me may also collect other anonymized statistics about the way the User uses the Services provided through Lexify.me
Legal basis and purpose of processing personal data
Lexify.me processes personal data for three main purposes:
The primary purpose of collecting personal data is to present accurate booking services through the marketplace operated by Lexify.me and to issue accurate charges for the booked and sold services, as well as to issue refunds if necessary, and to manage the user relationship. In this case, the explicit acceptance by all users of Lexify.me’s Terms and Conditions is the basis for the processing of personal data. For example, this concerns the data collected during the signing up process, during the creation, booking and sale of a certain service and the technical data needed to offer the service in a secure and efficient manner.
(2) Marketing and other communications
Lexify.me may occasionally send its users emails to inform them about new functionalities, solicit feedback on current functionalities or provide information on what is going on with Lexify.me. We base this on our legitimate interest to provide the users with relevant information about how to use the marketplace in the most efficient way.
(3) Service development and research
We always work to provide better functionalities to our users. Therefore, we may use the user’s data to improve and develop new functionalities. We base this processing on our legitimate interest to grow and develop. Lexify.me may also collect technical data for statistical purposes to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics, such as the most popular marketplaces worldwide. Lexify.me does not disclose personal data other than as described below.
Disclosures of Personal Data
We may disclose personal data to third parties in the following cases:
• Lexify.me may use subcontractors when providing its functionalities to our users. Our trusted subcontractors work on our behalf, and do not have an independent right to use the personal data we disclose to them. Lexify.me discloses personal data to its subcontractors on a need to know basis when necessary to process such data on Lexify.me’s behalf in order to provide functionalities. Subcontractors are subject to appropriate security and confidentiality requirements.
• When required by law such as to comply with requests by competent authorities or in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request;
• When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, investigate fraud or to protect our Users’ safety or rights.
Transfer of personal data outside of EU/EEA
When necessary and to the extent required for the successful provision of the marketplace functionalities, personal data may be transferred to third parties outside of EU/EEA. Lexify.me or its subcontractors shall not transfer personal data outside of EU/EEA without adequate safeguards required by applicable data protection law, such as standard contractual clauses.
Cookies and similar technologies
We also use other forms of technology, such as web beacons and pixel tags, which serve a similar purpose to cookies and which allow us to monitor and improve our functionalities and website.
We have divided cookies into two groups: (1) necessary cookies and (2) optional cookies. Necessary cookies cannot be disabled as the website cannot function properly without these cookies. Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website.
Each cookie lasts for a different period of time. Lexify.me uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies will last only while user’s browser is open. When the user closes the browser, session cookies will be deleted automatically. Persistent cookies will survive even after closing the browser. Persistent cookies will for example recognize the users’ devices when they browse the Internet by opening the browser again. Persistent cookies are placed on the hard drive of their device and stored until they expire, or until the user deletes the cookies. Users are informed of these cookie expiration times through our cookie banner and can also later find these by clicking “Edit cookie consent” link in the footer of our website.
Lexify.me uses variety of cookies for different purposes. The cookies can be set by us (so called “first-party cookies”) or by a third party (so called “third-party cookies”). We may use third-party cookies for statistical purposes to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics, such as to estimate number of users and detect which parts of the functionalities they find most useful, and to identify features that could be improved. For such purposes, we use third-party cookies, such as Google Analytics, to help analyze how our users use the functionalities. The technical usage information (including IP address) generated by the cookie about use of the functionalities is transmitted to such third parties to compile statistical reports.
Lexify.me may also use third-party cookies for marketing purposes to collect information about the users’ browsing habits and to remember visits in order to make advertising more relevant to that user and to their interests. These cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks and social media providers, such as Doubleclick, Google Adwords and Twitter.
The user can at any time edit or withdraw their consent to optional cookies from the cookie declaration on Lexify.me’s website.
Retention of personal data
If a user thinks there is a problem with the way Lexify.me processes personal data, the user has a right to file a complaint to a data protection authority in the EU. In Bulgaria, the competent authority is the Commission for Personal Data Protection. The user may contact the commission through this link: https://www.cpdp.bg or at the following address: Bulgaria, Sofia 1592, Prof. Tsvetan Lazarov Blvd. № 2, phone number: 02/91-53-519.